2019’s Best Information Security PDF Books, Notes, Course Data and Tutorials
Here you will get access to free Information Security PDF Books, Notes, Course Data and Tutorials that will help you to boost your Cyber Security skills.
Introduction to Information Security
Information security, sometimes shortened to infosec, is the practice of protecting information by mitigating information risks. It is part of information risk management. It typically involves preventing or at least reducing the probability of unauthorized/inappropriate access, use, disclosure, disruption, deletion/destruction, corruption, modification, inspection, recording or devaluation, although it may also involve reducing the adverse impacts of incidents. Information may take any form, e.g. electronic or physical. tangible (e.g. paperwork) or intangible (e.g. knowledge). Information security’s primary focus is the balanced protection of the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data (also known as the CIA triad) while maintaining a focus on efficient policy implementation, all without hampering organization productivity.This is largely achieved through a structured risk management process that involves:
- Identifying information and related assets, plus potential threats, vulnerabilities and impacts;
- Evaluating the risks;
- Deciding how to address or treat the risks i.e. to avoid, mitigate, share or accept them;
- Where risk mitigation is required, selecting or designing appropriate security controls and implementing them;
- Monitoring the activities, making adjustments as necessary to address any issues, changes and improvement opportunities.
Best Information Security PDF Books Free Download
This Outline Will be similar with your University 2019 Course Outline for Information Security Subject.
The concepts of efficiency, reliability and accuracy of a method; Minimising computational errors; Theory of Differences, Difference Operators, Difference Tables, Forward Differences, Backward Differences and Central Differences. Mathematical Preliminaries, Solution of Equations in one variable, Interpolation and Polynomial Approximation, Numerical Differentiation and Numerical Integration, Initial Value Problems for Ordinary Differential Equations, Direct Methods for Solving Linear Systems, Iterative Techniques in Matrix Algebra, Solution of non-linear equations.
Best Recommended Information Security PDF Books, Notes, Tutorials for Universities:
Here is detailed list of best Information Security Books for Universities:
1. Computer Security: Art and Science, Matthew Bishop
2. Cryptography and Network Security by William Stalling 6th Edition, 2012
3. Principles of Information Security 3 rd E by Michael E. Whitman andHerbert J. Mattordce Hall.